Title: The Goddess Of Fortune
Author: Andrew Blencowe
Published Date: September 24th 2015
Genre: Alternative History
***THIS BOOK WAS PROVIDED TO NERD GIRL IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***
What if, by the passing of just two events, Japan and Germany had won World War 2?
The Goddess of Fortune is a work of speculative fiction in which alternate history is explored, and consequences examined.
– Beautiful Louise, while only 24 years old, uses her intelligence, wiles, and body to dominate the so-called “stronger sex.”
– Kaito Sasaki of the Bank of Tokyo, inspired by Lenin (“The best way to destroy the capitalist system is to debauch the currency”), proves just that with his printing of U.S. 100 dollar bills.
– The treachery of Hermann “Fatso” Goering is uncovered and his punishment is swift.
– The duplicity of Roosevelt and his so-called Brains Trust is exposed and the doubts of the urbane gentleman, Henry Morgenthau, are made clear.
As a work of historical fiction, Goddess reveals the private foibles, quirks, and lusts of the famous (and often rich) of the period. How could the end goals of the Axis come to fruition given these events? Goddess explores just how, and in doing so brings to light in imaginative prose the lives of historical figures we have only known from our history books. Prepare to reimagine history.
This is a read that has many different characters and chapters take place in different countries. As you keep reading each character falls in place to what their place in history. The story makes you feel like you are in on secrets, lies, truths, deceit and secret meetings about historical events. So many of the characters are intriguing.
This is a hard review to write because it is hard to explain this book. There is information, explicit sex, and story lines that you don’t see coming or are not what you are expecting. However it is a story that is so intriguing and different to read that you will keep turning the pages to see what happens. I often guessed wrong on what would happen next and I loved this as it makes for a great read.
***Review has been done in conjunction with Nerd Girl Official. For more information regarding our reviews please visit our Fan Site: www.facebook.com/NerdGirl.NG***
Latest posts by NerdGirl Vamp (see all)
- Invictus Volume One: Fubar & Fur Rugs and Steel Balls & Stilettos by Tonya Brooks (Review by Kristin – #NerdGirlSoldier) - August 23, 2017
- Forget Me Not (Blackbird Series Novella) by Em Shotwell (Review by Katie – #NerdGirlKtLbLy) - August 22, 2017
- Blood On The Moon (Romantic Bloodlust #3) by Kitten K. Jackson (Review by Melanie V””V – #NerdGirlVamp) - August 16, 2017
- In the Pursuit of Charity by Alexandria Sure (Review by Stephenee – #NerdGirlSteph) - August 15, 2017