Title: Taming the Whirlwind
Author: L.M. Heidle
Published Date: December 3rd 2015
***THIS BOOK WAS PROVIDED TO NERD GIRL IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***
Liz is slowly accomplishing her goals:
1. Get out of her small town- CHECK
2. Graduate College- CHECK
3. Move to New York- CHECK
4. Get a job- working on it
5. Find drama- WAIT! NO!
Finding drama was NOT on her to-do list, but apparently life didn’t get the memo, because it threw her one heck of a curveball. What curveball you ask? It’s not a what, but a who and that who would be Mr. Kade Ian Parker. The tattooed, short-tempered, sexier-than-should-be-allowed businessman has turned her world more than upside down. He obliterated it. Her life has turned into something that even a soap opera writer couldn’t come up with.
Kade never wanted to find love. He saw how his family crumbled after his mom left; there was no way he was going to be crushed by another woman. No one had come close to making him want more, until her. No matter how hard he fought his attraction and oh did he try. Hell, he basically pushed her into another man’s arms, nothing changed.
He. Still. Wanted. Her
Honestly it had a slow start. Liz kept saying that she was so independent but never seemed to stand up for herself. Kade had controlling issues and would tell her to do certain things, or go to certain places, and she’d be like “what if I don’t want to” then he would basically say “too bad” and she would still do as he said no questions asked. Her roommate also rubbed me the wrong way because she was so demanding sometimes and a little pushy with having to know everything that was going on with Liz and her love life. If she told either of them “no” more or just didn’t do as much as they wanted her to do, then I would have liked Liz as a character a lot more. Kade had such a “stalker” vibe about him that he didn’t sit well with me through a lot of story and it took about halfway through to really get momentum.
***Review has been done in conjunction with Nerd Girl Official. For more information regarding our reviews please visit our Fan Site: www.facebook.com/NerdGirl.NG***
Latest posts by NerdGirl Vamp (see all)
- Blood On The Moon (Romantic Bloodlust #3) by Kitten K. Jackson (Review by Melanie V””V – #NerdGirlVamp) - August 16, 2017
- In the Pursuit of Charity by Alexandria Sure (Review by Stephenee – #NerdGirlSteph) - August 15, 2017
- Knights of Stone: Calum: A gargoyle and pegasus shifter paranormal romance (Highland Gargoyles Book 5) by Lisa Carlisle (Review by Christine – #NerdGirlPixie) - August 14, 2017
- April Yellow Moon: A Cat Collier Mystery by Carol Ann Kauffman (Review by Cianna – #NerdGirlSunshine) - August 11, 2017