Author: Peggy Martinez
Published Date: October 6th 2015
***THIS BOOK WAS PROVIDED TO NERD GIRL IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***
Eighteen-year-old Sage Hannigan wants to get back to her own time, preferably one that hasn’t been destroyed by an underworld plot brewing in Edwardian-era South Carolina. How hard can it be?
All she has to do is:
1. Learn to use newly acquired warping skills to bend time to her will.
2. Take out a few rogue vampires.
3. Join an ancient secret society.
4. Figure out who is putting the time stream in jeopardy.
5. Find and maim whoever invented the corset.
Sage never asked to be chosen by the Druid Priestess, Amerach, to become a Warper, and she never asked to have the future hanging on her shoulders or to warp a hundred years into the past. She certainly never asked to meet Dr. Aldwin Blake, who would make her question her desire to get back to her own time. But if she fails her mission, people will die, history will change, and the present she wishes to return to will be no more.
Completely blown away! I’m a huge fan of books involving paranormal things, and between the synopsis and the gorgeous cover, this book had me very very interested. It lived up to the hype and more.
Sage is a time warper, she can travel in time, but she doesn’t really know that at first, or how to control it. Sage is transported back in time to help stop a major mystery going on in the paranormal community, and she gets to work with two very good looking men. One a teacher, the other a vampire.
This story is filled with twists and turns, and so much I didn’t see coming until it smacked me in the face. The author wrote some well developed, strong, and interesting characters, complete with backstories of their own that she gives us glimpses into. I loved the humor in the book, and seeing how a girl from our time would have to adapt and adjust to life in 1900s. It’s a great edge of your seat read, with humor, action, adventure and romance. It’s everything you need in one, and I cannot wait to read the rest of the series! Grab your copy now!
***Review has been done in conjunction with Nerd Girl Official. For more information regarding our reviews please visit our Fan Site: www.facebook.com/NerdGirl.NG***
Latest posts by NerdGirl Sunshine (see all)
- #CoverReveal and Q&A with Elizabeth Knox - July 23, 2017
- Hallowread Attending Author Exclusive with Kim Alexander! - July 13, 2017
- #IndyAuthorTalk with Shannon Nemechek – Why our Readers are so important to us - July 4, 2017
- #IndyAuthorTalk – Weird Writer Habits with Randi Perrin! - June 27, 2017