**** Disclaimer – This post was created in good faith using HTML provided by LovinTheBook for promotional purposes only. Nerd Girl Takes No Responsibility for the appearance of the post, any affiliate links, images herein****
“When Oakley Nelson loses her brother, Lucas, to cancer, she thinks she’ll never recover. Between her parents’ arguing and the battle she’s fighting with depression, she feels nothing inside but a hollow emptiness. When Mom suggests they spend the summer in California with Aunt Jo, Oakley isn’t sure that a change of scenery will alter anything, but she’s willing to give it a try. In California, Oakley discovers a sort of safety and freedom in Aunt Jo’s beach house. Once they’re settled, Mom hands her a notebook full of letters addressed to her—from Lucas. As Oakley reads one each day, she realizes how much he loved her, and each letter challenges her to be better and to continue to enjoy her life. He wants her to move on. If only it were that easy. But then a surfer named Carson comes into her life, and Oakley is blindsided. He makes her feel again. As she lets him in, she is surprised by how much she cares for him, and things get complicated. How can she fall in love and be happy when Lucas never got the chance to do those very same things? With her brother’s dying words as guidance, Oakley must learn to listen to and trust herself again. She soon realizes that second chances are ways to learn from the past, and you don’t always have to leave the past behind to find happiness in the future. “
Chantele Sedgwick is a young adult author, harpist, and major book nerd. She loves happy endings, Kit Kats, and (judging by her bookshelves) buying way too many books. She is the author of Not Your Average Fairy Tale and Not Your Average Happy Ending. She resides in Roy, Utah, with her husband and four children and is represented by Nicole Resciniti of The Seymour Agency.
Ten things about me.
1. I love spending time with my four kids and cute hubby.
2. I’m obsessed with hardcover books and am known to stare at my bookshelves a lot.
3. My two sisters are my best friends in the entire world.
4. The hubby and I are kind of obsessed with movies. Top few I love are: Lord of the RIngs, Jurassic Park, Avengers, etc.
5. I’m a HUGE fan of Foo Fighters, The Goo Goo Dolls, Coldplay and Imagine Dragons.
6. I’m also a Broadway musical fan. I even have season tickets to a theater near my home!
7. Kit Kats are the best candy bar ever.
8. I’ve played the harp for 23 years.
9. I have a notebook buying problem. Along with a book buying problem.
10. I hate the grass. Seriously. If my bare skin (including feet) touches it, I freak out. *shivers*
*The cold seeps through my wetsuit and caresses my skin. I shiver. The water’s dark and murky and the waves look extra big. Dangerous. I’m doing something dangerous. Which makes me smile. I think of Lucas then, knowing exactly what he’d say if he were with me.Don’t be stupid, Oakley.I’m not being stupid. I’m trying something new and taking risks.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The following two tabs change content below.