Title: Shattering Halos
Author: Sunniva Dee
Genre: New Adult/Paranormal Romance
Release Date: Feb 24 2014
I traded my death for love. I wasn’t given a choice. His decision has caught up with us, so now I am a living, breathing catalyst to war between Heaven and Hell.
The violations he committed saved my life. Since the collision, he’s appeared everywhere. In my hospital room, my school, even my house. He shows up in my paintings, my drawings, in all of my art projects. I can’t stop thinking about him.
He says his name is Gabriel, and he doesn’t understand what’s happening to him. He doesn’t know how I can see him or why he wants me in ways that should be impossible for a Celestial.
My obsession grows. I need him to hold me, kiss me—give all of himself. For every day he protects me, the consequences loom darker and taller. Soon, they’ll crash down on us.
The war is about to begin.
1) No, no, no. This isn’t happening.
I crossed my arms and glared at my brother. At the moment, he was lounging peacefully in the ditch with a girl who should’ve been toast.
“Why’s she still alive? Take her out, man! You know you can’t get away with this.” Seriously. Way to go altering destinies.
Gabriel didn’t even flinch at my words, probably due to his madcap interest in drinking her in, lovesick-puppy style.
“Okay, you’re beaming at her. Will you snap out of it?”
2) My eyes shot open. I swept the room, my breath catching as I detected him perching on a different chair on the opposite side. A golden knee protruded from a hole in his jeans. Did he not have other clothes? Those bright irises oozed of an innocence I didn’t buy. I lifted a weak arm and pointed.
“Wait. Make him leave first.”
Like in an old, silent film, his movements fast-forwarded several frames. Without warning, he stood so close that the sleeve of his shirt skimmed my arm.
His eyes pinned mine, and I couldn’t break away. I stared back, a chemical reaction taking place in me as I plunged further and further into his gaze.
What an eerie magnetism. I liked guys as much as the next girl, but holy moly. What was this—“obsession at first sight?” I, Gaia Samuelle, was doing a nosedive…heart first!
3) So far, he had suffused the night with bliss, dread, anger, and attraction. It struck me that my cocktail of emotions must be tied to the mixed signals he sent. No wonder I was going stir-crazy. He was hot and cold, in one out-of-this-world package. He pulled me in and held me back. Why?
My thoughts reflected in his eyes as if he were watching them sprawled out on a screen. Then he fixed me with his stare, leaning closer over the table.
“Gaia, this,” he rotated an index finger between the two of us, “is an anomaly.”
I write New Adult fiction, mostly with a paranormal twist, and don’t shy away from romance and heart-wrenching passion when necessary.
I moved from Norway to the United States in 2001, and the first awesome five years I spent in the San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles. Then I read “The Book”, aka, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, which prompted me to drag my family and our menagerie of animals cross country to beautiful Savannah, Georgia.
I’m currently on my seventh year in the Deep South, where I enjoy the heat and the humidity. Besides writing, I spend time with the “petting zoo,” as in an opinionated parrot, cats that are experts on keyboard shortcuts, and puppies that … uh, bark.
I hold a Master’s degree in languages, with concentrations within literature and linguistics. For ten years, I taught at university level, before settling in as a graduate adviser at the Savannah College of Art and Design.
Writing is my passion, my joy—my addiction. SHATTERING HALOS is my debut novel, released by The Wild Rose Press, and when I’m not writing, I read. Tons.
Facebook Author page: https://www.facebook.com/Sunnivadee2
Goodreads Author Page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7191170.Sunniva_Dee
Sunniva is giving away 5 ecopies of Shattering Halos
Latest posts by The NerdGirl (see all)
- #NerdGirlOfficial Loves Audio Books!! #Giveaway Included! Win 20 Audio Books!!! - June 17, 2017
- Karina Espinosa’s OMEGA Cover Reveal and Series Cover Makeover! - April 3, 2017
- Miss Frost Ices The Imp : A Nocturne Falls Mystery (Jayne Frost #2) by Kristen Painter (Review by Gladys, #NerdOfficial) - October 26, 2016
- Cover Reveal Exclusive for Maggi Craft ~ THE PRICE OF SECRETS! - October 26, 2016