The Promise Synopsis
Devastated by circumstances beyond her control, Sophie Ryan’s life rips her from the arms of her first love, Jack. With only memories of their lost love, she’s forced to start over in a new town; surviving on her own for the first time since he left. Trying to begin her new life, fate decides a different direction for her, causing her to make a choice she never thought she’d have to.
Unsure of commitment after his failed engagement, Chase Mitchell finds himself stuck on a path of failed conquests and late nights at the bar. That is until he finds a pair of mesmerizing green eyes sitting in his usual spot. Something about this quiet girl forces him to question everything he has ever thought about love.
As Sophie looks down at the fork that’s presented in her path, will she choose the right direction? Will she be able to move towards the arms of the man who stands in front of her? Or will she choose to keep her promise to the one life forced her to leave behind?
Copyright ©2013 Kate Benson
I grew up in Texas and moved to Florida when I met the love of my life 13 years ago. I wrote my first poem when I was five and it was about my love affair with pickles. I still love pickles but I like to think my writing has grown since then. I absolutely adore anything to do with books whether it’s writing them or devouring them in one sitting. I live on music, love, and sweet tea. I am known for my silly but blunt personality. I’ve been lucky enough to find the love of my life, marry him and now we’re working on our happily ever after. He inspires me in everything I do, but especially in telling love stories. I’m an ordinary girl living an extraordinary love and I’m so happy I get to share it with the world through my writing. I can’t wait for you to read my debut novel, The Promise!
10 Things You Don’t Know About Kate Benson
- I am a lover of all things vampire. Shiny, decaying, gross, hot. I don’t care. I love them all. Yes, Edward Cullen is my favorite. Yes, I know he glitters in the sun. Yes, I love him anyway.
- My two favorite books are The Color Purple by Alice Walker and The Edge of Never by J. A. Redmerski. They are also the only two books that have ever made me sob like a baby.
- I am a huge music lover and listen to it any chance I get. If I can’t, I’m singing in my head. I also get really nervous if I try to drive without the radio on and find it impossible to listen to Outkast without shaking it like a Polaroid picture.
- Ever since I had an accident in one on my twelfth birthday, I’ve been terrified of go-carts.
- I don’t know how to roller skate and I can’t do a cartwheel. However I can air guitar like nobody’s business.
- I love tattoos and have ten of them.
- My favorite color is hot pink. I wear at least one hot pink thing every day.
- My favorite singer ever is Freddie Mercury and I celebrate his birthday every year. I make a cake, watch (and sing along to) at least one Queen concert, wear mustache earrings and a Betty Boop shirt. Sometimes I even wear a cape. Yes, you read that right. I have a cape and it’s awesome.
- I love to use swear words.
- When I was fifteen, I had a dream about my wedding day. In the dream I married someone I didn’t know at the time. When I was twenty one, I met him while I was on vacation. He’s now my husband.
Kate’s Top Ten Reads
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker
- The Edge of Never by J. A. Redmerski
- Real by Katie Evans
- This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas
- Naked by Raine Miller
- Protect Me by Jennifer Culbreth
- In Flight by R. K. Lilley
- Never Have I Ever by August Clearwing
- Pulse by Gail McHugh
- Misjudged by Sarah Elizabeth
Connect with the Author
Kate’s Top 10 Book Boyfriends
- Andrew Parrish- The Edge of Never by J. A. Redmerski
- Remington Tate- Real by Katy Evans
- Jesse Ward- This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas
- Ethan Blackstone- The Blackstone Affair by Raine Miller
- Noah Wellington– Never Have I Ever by August Clearwing
- James Cavendish- In Flight by R. K. Lilley
- Gavin Blake- Pulse by Gail McHugh
- Travis Maddox- Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
- Kellan Kyle- Thoughtless by S. C. Stevens
- Jude Ryder- Nicole Williams
Playlist for The Promise by Kate Benson
- Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis
- Skinny Love by Birdy
- If I Was Your Woman/Walk On By by Alicia Keys
- Brass Monkey by The Beastie Boys
- So What? By P!NK
- Just Got Started Lovin’ You by James Otto
- Bust a Move by Young MC
- Drift Away by Dobie Gray
- Islands in the Stream by Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers
- Real Love by John Lennon
- Animal by Neon Trees
- Everybody Talks by Neon Trees
- Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
- Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
- Lovesong by Adele
- Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran
- Sail by AwolNation
- #Beautiful by Mariah Carey featuring Miguel
- Don’t You Want It by The White Buffalo
- S&M by Rihanna
- Pussy is Mine by Miguel
- Bad Things by Jace Everett
- Lithium by Nirvana
- I Wanna Hold Your Hand by The Beatles
- The One That Got Away (Acoustic) by Katy Perry
- Oh! Darling by The Beatles
- Sweet Pea by Amos Lee
- When You Say Nothing At All by Keith Whitley
- Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Bloodstream by Stateless
- Thrift Shop by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring Wanz
- I’ve Been Loving You Too Long by Otis Redding
- Rumor Has It by Adele
- I Want You by Kings of Leon
- Wicked Games The Weeknd
- Party Like a Rockstar by Shop Boyz
- True Blue by Madonna
- Girl of my Dreams by Etta James
- Gorilla by Bruno Mars
- Howl by Beware of Darkness
- You Can’t Always Get What You Want by The Rolling Stones
- Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler
- I Walk the Line by Johnny Cash
- Your Side of the Bed by Little Big Town
- Please Don’t Leave Me by P!NK
Latest posts by The NerdGirl (see all)
- #NerdGirlOfficial Loves Audio Books!! #Giveaway Included! Win 20 Audio Books!!! - June 17, 2017
- Karina Espinosa’s OMEGA Cover Reveal and Series Cover Makeover! - April 3, 2017
- Miss Frost Ices The Imp : A Nocturne Falls Mystery (Jayne Frost #2) by Kristen Painter (Review by Gladys, #NerdOfficial) - October 26, 2016
- Cover Reveal Exclusive for Maggi Craft ~ THE PRICE OF SECRETS! - October 26, 2016