What’s it going to take for Eden to give Jackson a chance? Does he have the patience to even bother fighting for her? How will he handle the competition?
In the end, will Jackson have what it takes to convince Eden to start living again, instead of just existing?
“Hey, gorgeous, can I get another
beer?” I turn my attention from the
one-man show and spot Luke, the guy who was here yesterday, and he’s waving an
empty glass at me.
him, take his money and return his change.
smile, then sweep my gaze along the bar checking that no one needs
refills. It’s during this exercise that
I spot the man who has just walked in.
My breath gets caught in my throat as I watch him take a seat at the
bar. I see his lips move and he’s
smiling at people but it’s too loud to hear what he’s saying. I’m captivated. He’s utterly gorgeous. The epitome of Cowboy Hot. His hair is dark and his jaw is square. His body is built – broad across the
shoulders and narrowing slightly at his hips.
He spots someone across the bar and hands them a fully-fledged, bright
white, straight-toothed smile. My breath
leaves me in a whoosh, and then
catches again as what has to be his twin slides onto the stool beside him. Oh my
good looking guys before. I worked in
one of Sydney’s hottest bars for four years for fuck’s sake. I mentally slap myself across the face and
tell myself to pull it together. Then I
walk across to where they’re sitting and set about getting their order.
relaxed I’m-not-affected-by-you-at-all voice.
my body. Slowly. So slowly, I feel my blood start to heat –
just from him looking at me. I must be going mad. Perhaps it’s the heat up here. I’m not used to it all. I really should have worn some linen shorts
instead of jeans.
finally pulls his eyes to mine. Now,
don’t get me wrong – the wink was hot.
Fucking hot. It was the way he
said it that turned me off. You know
those guys that can get anyone they want?
Yeah, they’re not so bad. It’s
the ones who can get anyone they want, and
they know it, and they show it –
that’s the turn off. Just with that
line, Hotty One has shown me he’s a player, unfaithful, untrustworthy and most
definitely not the kind of guy I want to get involved with – in bed, or out
of. But, as a woman, I’d rather die than
have him know how he affected me, so I tilt my head to the side, smile my
cheeky smile and say, “Not tonight, handsome. Or ever. Drink?”
* I’m 29 years old
* I’ve been married to my husband Troy for 10 years and together we have 4 children – Zach, Jovi, Demi & Cruz.
* I live in a small country town in NSW, Australia
* I LOVE to read and write
* I LOVE to bake
* I LOVE socializing
* My friends laugh at me because I will talk to anyone, anywhere. It’s funny now but it wasn’t so funny for my mum when she had to drag me away from strange homeless people at the train station when I was little, and I may or may not have been going to go in crop dusting plane with a man I’d just met when I was about 4!!
* I read fiction until I was 11 years old. After that I read non-fiction, true crime, bio’s etc. When my son Jovi drowned in 2011, I found I couldn’t bring myself to read non fiction anymore – it was too “real”. Fifty Shades was dominating the media so I got myself a copy and I’m not ashamed to say I read all three of those books at least ten times each. They allowed me to forget my reality for a little while. Then I decided that I was going to follow my dreams and write. I wanted to show my children that just because their brother died, didn’t mean they did or our family did. I want them to reach for the stars and chase their dreams, and the best way to do that is to lead by example!
Latest posts by NerdGirl Vamp (see all)
- The Awakening (The Elders Trilogy #1) by T.L. Travis (Review by Christine – #NerdGirlPixie) - November 1, 2017
- A Change In Crime: A Supernatural Depression-Era Thriller (La Famiglia di Mostri, #1) by D.R. Perry (Review by #NerdGirlJulie) - October 31, 2017
- Uniting Vampires: (Vampiress Reigning – Part 1) (ALMOST HUMAN – The Third Series) by Melanie Nowak (Review by Melanie V””V – #NerdGirlVamp) - October 30, 2017
- Battered & Bruised, but Not broken by Piper Kay & T.L. Travis (Review by Christine – #NerdGirlPixie) - October 27, 2017